1. Volunteers to man tables at the upcoming parent/teacher conference nights at the elementary schools. We do not have a schedule of dates yet at each school, but if you are available in the evening on November 29, 30, or December 1 and are interested in meeting and greeting parents and talk about upcoming events, please email Kara Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. 3rd Annual Poster/Essay Contest in partnership with the Willingboro Neighborhood Watch. The theme this year is “My Willingboro Hometown Hero.” Please encourage your students to create a poster or write an essay about their Willingboro Hero and participate in this contest. Attached are the rules for each contest. All submissions need to be in to the WEA office or to Kara Keefe at Hawthorne by December 8th to be judged by the Neighborhood Watch. Last year, prizes were awarded at a Board of Education Meeting for all students who participated and all submissions were displayed at the Willingboro Public Library. All submissions for the contest must include the parent signature sheet attached to the rules.
3. Willingboro Parks and Recreation Department’s Annual Jingle Jangle Jam. This year’s event is being held on Friday, December 9th from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. inside the Kennedy Center. The WEA normally helps with holiday themed crafts with the students. If interested, please let Kara Keefe know.
4. The WEA is hosting our first (hopefully annual) Special Education Holiday Party pending district approval. We are still working on the details of how many students we can accommodate and the specifics, but we want to reach out to members to ensure that every student who attends gets a gift from the WEA. We are looking for donations of new coloring books for the students to take home with them at this celebration. If you are able to donate a color book or two, please feel free to drop them by the WEA office or send them to Kara Keefe at Stuart. Please make sure that you put a post-it on it with your name so that we know who to send a certificate to.
5. Next PRIDE meeting will be on Tuesday, December 6th at 4 p.m. at the WEA office. All members are welcome!!!